You make the call:
Vacc’d no mask required
No? Mask up before entering
PLEASE READ ENTIRE PAGE
We are currently closed to the public at this time except for finger printing and CDL Testing
Smith Bus Company is a Third Party CDL test site. We use our Blairsville location as the test site, and we use the CSTIMS program to schedule exams.
The Commercial Skills Test Information Management System (CSTIMS) is an Internet-based tool that provides a consistent way to track the scheduling and entry of test results for commercial skills tests by jurisdiction and third-party examiners.
Each CDL exam costs $200.00 Pass or Fail, per attempt. Payment is required upfront and is non-refundable. Upon arrival to your appointment, you will need to produce the following necessary physical paperwork:
- Applicant’s current permit.
- Permit must be past the Test Eligibility Date and not expired.
- Must have proper endorsements for vehicle you wish to test in.
- Applicant’s current driver’s license.
- Must be a valid license and not expired.
- Vehicle registration and insurance cards.
- Must be for the testing vehicle, and must not be expired. If using a trailer, registration for the trailer will also be required.
- Applicant’s medical card.
- Only required if testing for School Bus.
IF ANY/ALL OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS YOU WILL NOT BE TESTED AND WILL FORFEIT YOUR PAYMENT/S AND WILL REQUIRE RESCHEDULING AND ANOTHER $200.00 PAYMENT
PLEASE READ ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE SCHEDULING
- Applicant information and final submission must be done at time of scheduling and at least TWO (2) business days prior to the test date and time.
- If all info is not provided at time of scheduling, test date and time will not be held and may result in the loss of chosen date, time and possibly forfeiture of payment.
- Cancellations will result in one (1) rescheduled date, and must be made no later than five (5) business days in advance, or testing time and payments will be forfeited. To reschedule after that will require the initial $200.00 exam cost.
- Smith Bus Company does not supply the testing vehicle.
- Applicants need to be on-site ten (10) minutes prior to testing time. Failure to appear at allotted time will result in forfeiture of payments.
- The licensed driver who brings the Applicant must have a license that matches the vehicle being tested in.
- We do not do any training, we only administer the CDL Test.
- If you currently have a CDL and you get a new permit to add endorsements, remove restrictions or upgrade your license, please note that there is always a fifteen (15) day period you have to wait to test regardless of what your test eligibility date shows.
- Use of magnetic signs (CDL Test in Progress) is mandatory per the state. We are not liable for any damage from use of magnets. You will be asked to sign a release before testing, if you refuse to sign you will not be able to test and any payments well be forfeited.
- Also if signs are not able to be used for any reason you will only be permitted to test for Pre-Trip and Skills but will not be permitted to do a road test which will require you to reschedule for a latter day and will require another $200.00 payment.
- We have 2 different size signs, 24.5″ wide x 20.5″ tall and 48″ wide x 8″ tall
- If you would like to make signs yourself to put on your truck, they must have a white background with 8″ tall red lettering and must say CDL TEST IN PROGRESS
- If all info is not entered correctly when signing up (ie. Tractor Trailer or Truck Trailer Combo) you may not be tested and may require you to reschedule and pay an additional $200.00 payment.
- Tractor Trailer referring to any truck utilizing a 5th Wheel Hitch of any size. Truck/Trailer Combo is referring to anything other than a Truck with a 5th wheel hitch like Tri-axle or pick up truck or a truck of any kind hauling a trailer with a Pintle hitch, goose neck ball or a bumper hitch.
- WHEN SCHEDULING THERE IS A BOX THAT READS ELDT AND AN OPTION FOR YES OR NO. IF YOU CHECK YES AND YOU HAVE NOT MET THE REQUIRMENTS YOU WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED AND WILL NOT BE REFUNDED YOUR PAYMENT. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELDT MEANS THEN MOST LIKELY YOU HAVE NOT MET THE REQUIRMENTS. PLEASE LOOK INTO IT AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO SCHEDULE YOUR TEST.
IF ANY/ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOU WILL NOT BE TESTED AND WILL FORFEIT YOU PAYMENT/S AND WILL REQUIRE RESCHEDULING AND ANOTHER $200.00 PAYMENT
PLEASE READ ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE SCHEDULING
Before testing, you should consult the PennDOT Commercial Driver’s License Manual. For your convenience, we’ve included PDF selections you may download:
Penn DOT CDL Manual Sections:
- CDL Driver’s Manual (Full)
- Section 11 Pre-Trip Vehicle Inspection Test
- Section 12 Basic Control Skills
- Section 13 On Road Skills
- PUB 117 school bus manuel
Inquiries regarding all above information may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line reading APPLICANT’S NAME and TESTING DATE. You may also call 724-459-6930 Ext.210 or fax 724-459-5273 attention Corey
Schedule A CDL Test
*Reminder: Before submission, please make sure to read over all content and make sure the information is completely correct and accurate.
Please bring copy of receipt with you on day of test.
List of places to complete ELDT requirement’s ELDT Web site On this page you can select what you are looking for and where you are looking to find it.
WHEN SCHEDULING THERE IS A BOX THAT READS ELDT AND AN OPTION FOR YES OR NO. IF YOU CHECK YES AND YOU HAVE NOT MET THE REQUIRMENTS YOU WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED AND WILL NOT BE REFUNDED YOUR PAYMENT. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELDT MEANS THEN MOST LIKELY YOU HAVE NOT MET THE REQUIRMENTS. PLEASE LOOK INTO IT AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO SCHEDULE YOUR TEST.
PreTrip video study aid: PreTrip Inspection
Please note that watching this video does not guarantee you will pass your PreTrip Inspection, it is simply a study aid;
It is still highly recommended that you read the Pa CDL drivers manual in case of an incorrect info on the video.
WHEN SCHEDULING A TEST YOU MUST SELECT A DATE AND TIME IN ORDER TO SUBMIT AND CHECKOUT EVEN IF THERE IS ONLY ONE TIME AVAILABLE!!!
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE SCHEDULING TRY USING GOOGLE CHROME INSTEAD OF INTERNET EXPLORER