Hours for Blairsville office 6:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
Smith Bus Company is a Third Party CDL test site. We use our Blairsville location as the test site, and we use the CSTIMS program to schedule exams.
The Commercial Skills Test Information Management System (CSTIMS) is an Internet-based tool that provides a consistent way to track the scheduling and entry of test results for commercial skills tests by jurisdiction and third-party examiners.
Each CDL exam costs $200.00 Pass or Fail, per attempt. Payment is required upfront and is non-refundable. Upon arrival to your appointment, you will need to produce the following necessary physical paperwork:
- Applicant’s current permit.
- Permit must be past the Test Eligibility Date and not expired.
- Applicant’s current driver’s license.
- Vehicle registration and insurance cards.
- Must be for the testing vehicle, and must not be expired. If using a trailer, registration for the trailer will also be required.
- Applicant’s medical card.
- Only required if testing for School Bus.
- Applicant information and final submission must be done at least eight (8) business days prior to the test date and time.(If you would like to schedule something sooner,call and see if there are any openings)
- Cancellations will result in one (1) rescheduled date, and must be made no later than five (5) business days in advance, or testing time and payments will be forfeited. To reschedule after that will require the initial $200.00 exam cost.
- Smith Bus Company does not supply the testing vehicle.
- Applicants need to be on-site ten (10) minutes prior to testing time. Failure to appear at allotted time will result in forfeiture of payments.
- The licensed driver who brings the Applicant must have a license that matches the vehicle being tested in.
- We do not do any training, we only administer the CDL Test.
- If you currently have a CDL and you get a new permit to add endorsements, remove restrictions or upgrade your license, please note that there is always a fifteen (15) day period you have to wait to test regardless of what your test eligibility date shows.
Before testing, you should consult the PennDOT Commercial Driver’s License Manual. For your convenience, we’ve included PDF selections you may download:
Penn DOT CDL Manual Sections:
Inquiries regarding all above information may be directed to email@example.com, with the subject line reading APPLICANT’S NAME and TESTING DATE. You may also call 724-459-6930 Ext.210 or fax 724-459-5273 attention Corey
Schedule A CDL Test
*Reminder: Before submission, please make sure to read over all content and make sure the information is completely correct and accurate.
Please bring copy of receipt with you on day of test.
PreTrip video study aid: PreTrip Inspection
Please note that watching this video does not guarantee you will pass your PreTrip, it is simply a study aid.
WHEN SCHEDULING A TEST YOU MUST SELECT A DATE AND TIME IN ORDER TO SUBMIT AND CHECKOUT EVEN IF THERE IS ONLY ONE TIME AVAILABLE!!!
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE SCHEDULING TRY USING GOOGLE CHROME INSTEAD OF INTERNET EXPLORER